Maximum performance, minimal size. The compact EVO5 is packed with the right technology to make it simple to use during a search. Both everyday and occasional users will love this device.
The EVO5, the latest arrival in our line of transceivers, capitalizes on ARVA’s 35-year expertise to fit in the palm of your hand.
Our R&D team pushed the size/performance ratio past the edge of the envelope to create a device that fits perfectly in your snow pants' pocket. With a 50m search strip width, group check, mark function, and an automatic revert-to-transmit mode, the EVO5 is jam packed with all of the essential functions needed to rescue an avalanche victim. Equipped with a backlit screen and a speaker that emits a precise, modulated beep, this transceiver will efficiently and effectively guide you to the burial zone.
Warning: Holster sold separatly
- Design and ergonomics
- EVO5, a miniature DVA
- Different carrying options
- Latest technologies
- 50 meters search bandwidth
- Interference management
- Automatic return to emission
Design and ergonomicsThe design and ergonomics of the device were taken into account from the very beginning of the EVO5's development to make handling simple and intuitive. A 3 position slider, an extra large screen and a central marking button make it easy to operate the device during the search.
EVO5, a miniature DVAThe EVO5 is the smallest DVA ever designed by the ARVA brand. With only 11cm in height and 7cm in width, it is one of the most compact detectors on the market. Its size and light weight of 170g allow it to be forgotten without neglecting performance in an emergency situation.
Different carrying optionsThe EVO5 will be delivered with a carrying strap and a leash to allow the camera to slide into a pocket while keeping a solid attachment around the waist. A holster for traditional porting will be available as an option.
50m search bandwidthBandwith corresponds to the size the area «scanned» by the searching device. The device’s search area increases as bandwidth increases. This criterion is often used to compare beacon performance.
Interference managementInterference management maximizes the device’s performance in search mode in an environment «overrun» by electromagnetic interference. To accomplish this, the device in search mode automatically reduces the bandwidth and ignores all other frequencies to focus solely on the beacon being tracked. This function can be deactivated by the user.
Automatic switch back to emissionDuring a search, in the event of a secondary avalanche, the return to transmit function allows the device to automatically switch back to transmit mode. This switch is activated either by timer after a certain period of time of user inactivity, or by motion detector after a certain amount of time where the device has not moved.
- 3 antennas to improve chances of finding a signal and for greater precision during the fine search
- 50m search strip width
- GROUP CHECK mode tests transmit frequency and power
- Marking function to identify burial victims already located
- Multiple burial indicator displays a “+”when more than 3 victims
- Digital signal processing guides rescuer more efficiently towards the burial zone
- Auto-test lets the device run a diagnostic to verify that all main functionalities are working properly
- Backlit screen provides great contrast in any conditions or lighting
- Automatic revert-to-transmit mode via movement sensor in case of a secondary avalanche
- Interference management lets the user adjust their search technique in an area with a lot of signal interference
- U-Turn alarm lets the rescuer know they are heading in the wrong direction
- Compact minimalist device (111mm x 72mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 165g (including batteries)
Built for adventure.
Designed to carry everything you need for long outings in the mountains, the TOUR32 offers the perfect combination of comfort and ergonomics with quick-access pockets and multiple carrying options