The ultimate freeride airbag
We have developed our RIDE18 AIRBAG as the perfect partner on your favorite freeride sessions.
The ultimate freeride airbag
Designed in collaboration with Léo Slemett, Freeride World Tour Athlete.
Are you looking for an airbag that provides you with just what you need and no more for your next day on powder? The SWITCH RIDE18 is the solution.
It is easy to organize all your gear with the pocket for safety gear and a pocket for your goggles that are separate from the main body. Weighing in at only 2.25 kg, including the airbag system and a carbon cartridge, the Switch RIDE18 Reactor is a robust bag with a long lifetime.
Nothing has been overlooked with this airbag. The RIDE18 AIRBAG comes with a helmet holder and multiple options for attaching skis, ice axes, poles or a snowboard. The quick-access pocket on the outside has been perfectly designed for your shovel/probe safety equipment, but can also be used to store your skins on the descent.
Equipped with the ARVA REACTOR 2.0 system, the lightest, most compact and efficient double airbag on the market, your days on the powder will be so much safer thanks to the SWITCH RIDE18.
Eco-friendly : 100% of the fabrics used for the RIDE product range are recycled. We use 300D recycled polyester as well as 150D recycled polyester lining. Our backpacks are also PFC FREE. Our backpacks are also PFC FREE
Modularity : The RIDE18 AIRBAG is compatible with our SWITCH technology.
Cannot be used alone. You must combine the RIDE18 SWITCH COVER with a SWITCH FRAME REACTOR back to be able to use it.
Arva x Léo Slemett
"These words best describe my life philosophy. Born in the Chamonix mountains, I grew up surrounded by snow-capped peaks, and these became my playground and my passion. Having such intensive skiing practice from a very young age has taken me to the highest level in my sport, with the highlight a first world title on the Freeride World Tour and multiple expeditions. The mountains are therefore my daily training ground, but also my driving force. They can, however, suddenly turn into dangerous terrain, even for the most experienced skiers. Every time I go freeriding at a high level on skis, I always take my ARVA equipment.
As the first tester of ARVA’s avalanche safety equipment, this collaboration on the development of the new RIDE range therefore seemed like a no-brainer. And now… it's your turn to play it safer !"
« Better with Altitude » Leo SLEMETT
The ARVA REACTOR 2.0 airbag system, summarized:
- Double the safety: 2 separate airbags
- The lightest avalanche airbag system on the market: 650 g
- Most powerful inflation system on the market
- Airbags shaped as a ball to protect your head and maximize the rise-to-surface effect in an avalanche
- Trigger handle ergonomically positioned and designed
- Practice pulling trigger handle without canister
- No electronics or batteries to manage
- Removable system compatible with all ARVA REACTOR backpacks
- Quick and easy A-frame ski carry
- Recycled fabrics
- Integrated helmet holder
Quick and easy A-frame ski carryAttach your skis with just two clicks. Side carry (A-Frame) is particularly suitable for wide skis and provides better weight distribution on the backpack.The use of a strap to connect the tips of the skis so that the tails are spread apart is generally recommended.
Recycled fabricsThis product has been made from strong recycled polyester fabric, making it greener and more sustainable and minimizing our impact on the environment.We use 300D polyester as well as 150D polyester lining, both made from recycled plastics.
Integrated helmet holderIt’s always better to make sure you have your helmet with you, so we’ve fitted a retractable helmet holder that is compatible with all helmet brands.
- 460 g
- Small volume close to the body.
- Designed in collaboration with Léo Slemett, professional Athlete
- Access to the main compartment via a zip on the top.
- Dedicated external pocket with convenient sleeves to stow your safety gear.
- Very large pocket to stow your goggles or other small valuables.
- Can carry 2 ice axes.
- Carry skis diagonally or in an A-Frame. Snowboard compatible.
- Includes an integrated helmet holder with storage pocket.
- SWITCH modular system compatible.
- Materials : 300D recycled polyester plus 150D recycled polyester lining